Monday, April 25, 2011

honestly..i don't think ive ever read the book of Philemon before. i think it is one of those i just skip over when going to other books of the bible...but there is some good stuff in there! its such a short book but so encouraging.

"I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your love for all his holy people and your faith in the Lord Jesus. I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people."-Philemon 1:4-7

The message always helps put things in better perspective for me..or at least makes it easier to understand :)

"Every time your name comes up in my prayers, I say, "Oh, thank you, God!" I keep hearing of the love and faith you have for the Master Jesus, which brims over to other believers. And I keep praying that this faith we hold in common keeps showing up in the good things we do, and that people recognize Christ in all of it. Friend, you have no idea how good your love makes me feel, doubly so when I see your hospitality to fellow believers."

I am so encouraged by the sweet friends and family at home that are not only lifting me up, but the workers/families that are here, and especially the people that we are surrounded by. I know the Father is at work...it is a blessing to be able to experience it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog! Sounds like God is doing some pretty amazing stuff with you and I know he has great plans for you when you return. Keep trusting in him. Can't wait to hear all about it when you return. Give my love to the M's:)
Stephanie G

Justin, Kristi, and Reed said...

Going to read Philemon!! :) Thanks Mandi. :)