Friday, April 8, 2011

deep deep love.

I'm sitting here with the sun coming through my window...drinking coffee, listening to sovereign grace music. The girls are on break and just left my apartment. I was reading Jesus Calling just a few minutes ago...something I would recommend...I didn't realize how applicable it would be to EACH day when I got it. this is something from today..."When you feel far from Me, whisper My name. This simple act, done in childlike faith, opens your heart to My presence. I am delighted when you open yourself to My loving presence."

that thought was so comforting to me today. i know i have times when I feel far from the Father but how precious that all we have to do is whisper His name. If we can't get anything else out...if our thoughts are so mixed up and tangled that we can't even figure out WHAT to say, all we have to do is whisper His name! I know I have been in this place many times before. He promises that He will meet us there! I was so encouraged when I read this and thought about how much the Father really does love us. I know we all know that but how often do we stop to really take it all in?

This was a verse from today and I LOVE it. "I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you" Genesis 28:15. I think it is so neat to read this and see very clearly that the Father IS with us and He is not going anywhere. He is at work in our lives...even when it feels like chaos, when we don't understand, when we are angry, or sad or feel like giving up. He is with us and we can't get away from Him. I am so grateful for that. Grateful that the Lord knows our hearts and sweetly pursues us.

On another note...I talked to my mom yesterday on the phone and I am so happy to know she is now only a few hours away from me! I will see her tomorrow and she will come here to spend a few days with us. The ladies are all excited she is coming and we have lots of visits to make once she gets here. It will be a busy few days but I am ready for her to experience life here with me. I never thought I would say that it is beginning to feel more like home here. When we were out of town this past weekend, in a bigger city by the beach, I was homesick for our town. I thought I would be excited to get away and back into a big city but I wasn't a big fan...I missed the stillness and daily life here. I missed visiting with women and loving on them. I was feeling all those things and I was only 4 hours away...can't imagine what it will be like back in the states...

4 comments:

Justin, Kristi, and Reed said...

I love that book! It is SO encouraging and contains to
many great reminders, that are so applicable on those days. :) I am reading those devotionals along with you. :)

Anonymous said...

i felt the exact same way about that part from Jesus Calling. It is such a beautiful thing.

Merely Wear said...

Your posts are very encouraging! Keep them coming!

Mark

gretchen said...

Mandi Jo! I am so glad to find your blog! I love you and miss you and love reading your encouraging words....HOpe you are having the time of your life!