Saturday, March 19, 2011

waiting.

life here is becoming more and more normal! each day is an adventure but i have learned to just go with the flow. life here is different than in the states...people just do things whenever they want...not many appointments are made and when you want to visit someone you just go, there isn't any calling or texting to make sure somebody is home...you just go and if they aren't there then you wait :) there is alot of waiting here too but it is becoming more normal...i have had to shift my mindset of thinking because at home I am always going and i am learning to be still here. it's a good thing but sometimes it is a little uncomfortable. i don't think that we like having silence in our lives sometimes...i know i don't. Dad has been teaching me that lately, that it is okay to be still and listen...that is what He calls us to do. It is just a lot easier to ignore at home because we are always busy and there is always noise around. yesterday i went on my roof with a book and sat in the sunshine and read...it was glorious. i am thankful for days and times like that where we can rest in His presence and be still. there are things i am waiting for and i have learned that those need to be taken before the Father and He will take care of them. He doesn't ask me to do anything except bring those desires to Him and WAIT for him to act. i am learning to not just wait but wait with expectation (however its a daily thing i am dealing with, i sure don't have it down yet) i am lifting up each of you at home and love hearing from you!! it encourages me to hear about what He is doing in your life as well!!

2 comments:

John Durant said...

Hi Mandi Jo,

I am a friend of your Mom and Dad and attend Westlake Church. I have never been on a blog page before. But I just wanted to let you know that you are loved and your Father has very special plans for you.

John Durant

Unknown said...

We all need to slow down and listen to what He has to say to us. I know I need to learn to "wait" on Him more. It's hard because I want control and I want things done fast.

You are special and your work is much needed to this family

Mary G