Thursday, March 10, 2011

just some things...

Golden Grahams are like dessert..I am sad I'm running low!


Using a western "normal" toilet is weird to me now...the 2 times I have used one since I've been here have felt abnormal.


Hearing dogs hunting and fighting for food in the streets at night is becoming more and more normal..


I'm learning more and more words..but most of the time I just smile.


Life is different when you can't leave dishes in the sink...because little micey friends will return if they are hungry.


It's crazy to me that some people will never experience this...or anything like it.-I want people to see how others live outside of the states.


This place is beautiful...in it's own way...it really is. I'm learning to take in the beauty of everything even if it is a dirty road or a house made of mud and clay.


I've semi-mastered the art of wrapping my head. It is a work in progress. Hopefully I can do learn to do it in 2 seconds someday.


Homeschooling is legit fun...it's like private tutoring and it helps that the girls are so precious.


Long skirts/leggings and cardigans are part of my everyday wardrobe and it's super comfy...I may be so weird when I come home.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mandi, I totally hear your heart. It is sad that most people in America will never experience what it is like to walk down those dusty streets and see how some people live in other parts of the world. It completely changes your heart; doesn't it? It sure did change my heart and the way I look at other people. Thinking of you daily.
Mary G.

Anonymous said...

so excited to hear all the litte oddities of your life in "africa". i don't know why i put that in quotes because you really are in africa...but the country is so big...anyways! love you and look forward to reading more. i am one of those people who don't know what its like outside the states...and for a long time now i've been praying for the opportunity to see outside. and since i cant be there..i can just live through you for now.

Anonymous said...

Glad your loving life in the village:) Love reading your blog but you need to add me to your email list:) Hug and kiss the girls for me and go work out with Nancy! Lifting you up buddy! Stephanie