Sunday, May 29, 2011

be still my heart.


all i could think about over the past hour was exactly what the title of this blog says. i was watching the girls tonight while their parents went out for some stuff...we are hanging out in the city i fly out of so its kinda like a mini vacation for all of us...especially the girls because they are almost done with school! we were watching little house on the prairie...a nightly routine for them :) and sweet eden was upset that her mom wasn't there. she was crying those big pitiful tears that just roll off your cheeks...break my heart. so we let her cry for a bit and i went in to talk to her and see what she wanted and we settled on her coming out to sit and watch with us. she cuddled up in my lap...wouldn't let go of my arm, gave me a kiss and eventually fell asleep. OH MY it warmed my heart. zoe and aaliyah were on each side of me with their heads on my shoulder and it hit me that i am leaving this in less that 48 hours. my sweet girls that i have laughed, cried, screamed, been frustrated, grown and watched countless movies with aren't going to be around when i get home. ohh it made my heart sad to think that. i didn't realize how much these girls have meant to me and how i really do think of them as sisters. being with them tonight was so fun and so special to me. something i will cherish forever. how could this sweet face not warm your heart!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are seriously the cutest girls ever!! love you!!!

oh i have to go to ATL on Tues&Wed night for my internship so I won't be at the airport :( but i love you and want to treat you to some Moe's on Thursday!!!! ahhh I get to squeeze you so so soon!!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Love that whole family so much. I can not imagine how hard it will be for you to leave yet how sweet it will be to be home. Such a mix of strong emotions. Be still my heart...indeed. praying for good travels for you!

Leah M

Kristi said...

Praying for safe travels! Love you girlie! I know God is going to continue to do amazing things in your life. Excited to see what else he's doing!!