Friday, February 4, 2011

a world apart

i tried to have a cute little world map picture up here but i couldn't get it to work so drain...so anyway...where we live and where i am going in a few weeks(africa!!) are a world apart. i know it could be alot further but i feel like a WHOLE ocean separating me from everything i know is pretty far. it's so crazy...i feel like i am already starting to love the people that i am going to interact with...even though i have never met them. i'm scared for real...but SO ready to be there. i know how much bigger Jesus is than my fear. i was with a sweet friend tonight talking about this journey and what i most want to get out of it and i really can't wait for the Father to fully reveal Himself to me. I get so sidetracked and unfocused here when life is going on...and Jesus has most definitely shown Himself to be faithful and evident in my life, especially over the past few months. i can't wait for times with Him to be so real, and raw and exciting and scary, joyful and i am sure painful. i heard this song on the radio today and i am officially obsessed. i don't think the words could be any more exact for what i am feeling right now...

If I saw you on the street
And you said come and follow me
But I had to give up everything
All I once held dear and all of my dreams
Would I love you enough to let go
Or would my love run dry
When you asked for my life
When did love become unmoving
When did love become unconsuming

Forgetting what the world has told me
Father of love, you can have me

If you're all you claim to be
Then I'm not loosing anything
So I will crawl upon my knees
Just to know the joy of suffering
I will love you enough to let go

1 comment:

whitney said...

i love the lyrics to this song! i was just telling meredith some of them the other day.
what a call to come and die right? so excited!